This joint resolution proposes the declaration of the Economic Justice Bill of Rights.
The Economic Justice Bill of Rights was first introduced in March of 2021 as a progressive vision for legislative work to better our state for all Wisconsinites.
Economic Justice Bill of Rights
- A job that provides dignity at work and pays a living wage;
- Adequately funded public education and affordable, accessible child care;
- A union, public or private, and collective bargaining;
- Affordable, accessible, and comprehensive high-quality health care;
- A clean, sustainable environment and healthy planet;
- Decent, sustainable community infrastructures including safe, affordable housing, transportation, and broadband;
- Equitable access to capital, investments, financial institutions, and retirement;
- A fair, restorative, and equitable justice system;
- Recreation and participation in community and civic life; and
- Life, self-determination, and freedom from oppression.