Mary Jo McBrearty has been on the ACLU of Wisconsin Board of Directors since 2012. Prior to joining the board, she was Chief Development Officer at the John Michael Kohler Arts Center and has since retired.
Mary Jo has decades of professional experience in fund development and not-for-profit management. Previously, she was the President of ACLU of Wisconsin and ACLU of Wisconsin Foundation Board of Directors with additional Board service with the Sheboygan County YMCA, YMCA Endowment Trustees, the American Association of University Women Sheboygan, and Altrusa Club of Sheboygan Foundation.
Mary Jo is passionate about:
- Partisan Gerrymandering: Nothing will change unless this gets corrected and elections are fair.
- Voting Rights: Voting is crucial to democracy and must be as accessible as possible for all.
- Reproductive Rights: Women must have full and complete control of their own bodies.
Mary Jo has won the following awards:
- Volunteer of the Year: John Michael Kohler Arts Center (2015).
- Lifetime Service Award: Sheboygan County YMCA (2018).