The Development Coordinator provides top-notch administrative support to all facets of our fundraising program. The position requires strong administrative and organizational skills, superb attention to detail and deadlines, a strong ability to track and prioritize tasks, and excellent oral and written communications. The Development Coordinator ensures the smooth functioning of all philanthropic efforts, including handling gift processing, preparing correspondence and acknowledgments, and maintaining and reporting donor information.
The Development Coordinator will report directly to the Development Director, work closely with the Executive Director, and in concert with other staff as assigned. This is a full-time non-exempt position.
- Gift Acknowledgement and Processing: Produce draft acknowledgment letters, sponsorship requests, e-news, invitations and other materials; enter gifts in our donor database (Salesforce); record and track action items requiring follow up.
- Database management: Manage the donor database; ensure donor information is consistently updated and accurate; produce various reports from the database routinely and as needed to help further development efforts; keep up to date on new tools to improve database functions.
- Donor Engagement: Provide essential customer service in responding to donor inquiries via phone and email; assist in researching prospective donors through approved sources; assist with donor mailings using mail merge.
- Finance: Work with the Finance Department to reconcile the donor database with QuickBooks and support the Finance Department during the annual reconciliation process.
- Organize and maintain a calendar of grant deadlines for application and reporting requirements; organize materials that are needed for grant applications.
- Ensure grant compliance throughout the grant period including writing and submitting mid-term and final reports
- Some travel outside of Milwaukee or occasionally outside Wisconsin may be required;
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of relevant work experience, and have a demonstrated passion for civil liberties with experience supporting a non-profit advocacy organization.
- Commitment to good customer service, confidentiality, and accurate records.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, for a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of how mail merge works in Word and Excel.
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred, but not required.
- Willingness and availability to work full-time (40 hours a week); evenings and weekends may be required in special circumstances.
- Ability to be accurate, organized, and detail-oriented; work well under pressure; operate in a fast-paced environment; manage multiple, simultaneous tasks; and shift priorities in response to changing needs.
- Judgment to exercise discretion when handling potentially confidential or sensitive matters.
- A valid Wisconsin driver’s license and access to a car is preferred, but not required.
- Enthusiasm, optimism and a sense of humor!
Compensation depends on experience but will likely start at $15/hour (approximately $31,000 per year). Benefits include paid vacation and sick leave, medical and dental coverage for staff members, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance; and an optional 401(K).
Please submit a resume and cover letter describing your interest in the Development Coordinator position to email@example.com using ‘Development Coordinator’ as the Subject Line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The ACLU-WI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.