The Justice Tour will explain the ACLU of Wisconsin's Stop and Frisk settlement agreement with the City of Milwaukee.
Learn about ACLU's Smart Justice Campaign, a statewide plan to cut incarceration in Wisconsin.
Hear from a variety of experts, including ACLU Plaintiffs and Senior Field Organizer Jarrett English.
Expert community partners:
- Danell Cross, Executive Director, Metcalfe Park
- Fred Royal, NAACP Milwaukee Branch President
- Markasa Tucker, Director of the African-American Roundtable, Wisconsin Voices
- Tammy Rivera, Executive Director, Southside Organizing Center
Attorneys who worked on the case:
- Jason D. Williamson, Deputy Director, Criminal Law Reform Project, American Civil Liberties Union
- Jon-Michael Dougherty, Covington & Burling LLP
- Karyn Rotker, Senior Staff Attorney, ACLU of Wisconsin
- Larry Dupuis, Legal Director, ACLU of Wisconsin
- Nusrat Choudhury, Deputy Director, Racial Justice Project, American Civil Liberties Union
- Shanya Dingle, Covington & Burling LLP
Learn about the Criminal Justice System and smart ways to cut our prison population with:
- Dr. Rob Smith, Director, Center for Urban Research, Teaching & Outreach at Marquette University
- Melissa Ludin, Board President, EXPO Wisconsin
- Sean Wilson, Smart Justice Statewide Organizer, ACLU of Wisconsin
- Chad Alexander, Re-Entry Specialist
Interviewer/Facilitator: Emilio De Torre, Director of Community Engagement, ACLU of Wisconsin
Join us, Saturday, October 13 at Centennial Hall of Milwaukee Public Library 733 North Eighth Street, Milwaukee, WI.